QA NSC – Non-Slip Coating
QA NSC (Non-Slip Coating) surface system is a durable, abrasion resistant surface coating, suitable for application over properly prepared, structurally sound surfaces such as concrete, asphalt, compressed fibrous cement and structural plywood type surfaces.
Formulated on 100% pure acrylic emulsions and selected reinforcing pigment to provide a non slip, hard wearing and attractive finish of uniform colour and texture. The application of QA NSC (Non Slip Coating) over QA LM (reinforced Liquid Membrane) provides a flexible, non-skid, trafficable membrane system.
- Driveways, Patios, Tennis courts, Garage floors, Stair treads, Paths and walkways, Pool surrounds.
- For non sporting surfaces such as Driveways, Garage floors and Patios – a coating of Clear Sealer should be applied over the QA NSC (Non Slip Coating) finish for increased stain resistance and ease of cleaning.
- New concrete should be wood float or broom finished. DO NOT USE CURING MEMBRANES, HARDENERS OR DRYERS. ACCELERATORS BASED ON CALCIUM CHLORIDE SHOULD NOT BE USED ON CONCRETE MIX.
- Allow concrete to cure for a minimum of 14 days. All surfaces must be clean, dry and free of grease and oil, laitance, curing compounds, form release agents and any other contaminants which may impair adhesion of the primer or base coat.
- Remove any residual paint with paint stripper, scraping, grinding or sand blasting to achieve a clean concrete surface.
- Remove any loose or spalled concrete down to a clean hard surface. Make good all depressions, spalled areas bird baths etc with QA Supa Bond Render Mix or other concrete surface patching & repair products.
Allow 24 hours to cure