QA Aqua Epoxy
Is a water based two component membrane / moisture barrier coating. It combines the excellent adhesion & toughness of epoxy resins with the case of application of water based systems. QA Aqua Epoxy has excellent adhesion to damp or dry surfaces, far superior to conventional paints. Also may be applied to concrete, asbestos cement (fibro)brick, plaster, stone & cement block.
A range of popular colours are available with other colours & colour matching is available on request.
- Water based – easy clean up using water
- Non flammable, low odour, easy to apply
- Excellent adhesion to dry & damp surfaces including freshly laid (hardened) concrete
- Cured membrane will withstand hydrostatic pressure
- Environmentally friendly, safe to use in sensitive locations
- Good resistance to a wide range of chemicals
- Can be overcoated with most decorative, industrial finishes & adhesives
- Surface Preparation All surfaces must be structurally sound, free of any coatings, adhesives, grease, oil, form release agents, curing compounds, dirt/dust and any other surface contaminants.
- Non structural cracks, holes and any other suface deformities to be rectified. Prime the surface with QA Aqua Epoxy while still tacky, fill voids with a mortar made from one part QA Aqua Epoxy mix, two parts sand/cement mix.
- Leave at least two hours before over-coating with QA Aqua Epoxy. Should sanding be required leave a minimum of 12 hours and allow to cure prior to the application of QA Aqua Epoxy.
- Efflorescence must be removed either by high pressure cleaning or a 5% hydrochloric acid solution.
- Although QA Aqua Epoxy may be applied to a damp surface do not apply to surfaces having free water. Very dry, porous surfaces must be dampened with a fine mist first.
- Treatment of rising damp, as a low water vapour transmission coating
- As a waterproofing barrier to prevent the ingress of water through below grade concrete or masonry structures ie basements, tunnels, liftwells
- To prevent water seepage, dampness penetration through to the interior of walls and floors
- As a waterproof barrier, seal coating prior to overcoating with other coatings
- As a waterproof barrier over freshly laid (hardened) concrete, prior to the installation of conventional carpet & tile adhesives